INTERFAITH HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICE CONFERENCE
For over two decades, Sisters United has hosted this community event and offered dynamic workshops, health screenings, fitness sessions, and interactive content designed to inspire, encourage and inform attendees about best practices that support the overall good health of our community. This year’s theme, “Life Matters-Thriving During Challenging Times” is an opportunity for attendees to redefine their perspective on how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted their lives and discover new ways to survive and thrive. Through a variety of expert-led workshops, this health summit explores the best ways to protect our health, preserve our families, and recognize the inherent joy that we all possess.
23nd ANNUAL INTERFAITH HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICE CONFERENCE
Desired Benefits & Learning Outcomes and Opportunities
- To involve adult and youth consumers in a conference learning environment, where they can make their unique contributions, and receive the contributions of participating practitioners and fellow consumers alike;
- To call, inspire and reinforce participants in the pursuit of excellence in their lives, in spite of the prevailing challenges in our health/human service industries;
- To contribute to participants in ways that support their mental, spiritual and physical well being and foster support of the same with their perspective family members, neighbors and friends.
- To provide opportunities for youth aspiring to the Health & Human Service fields, to meet adult practitioners and form ties with professionals in their field of interest;
- To provide opportunities for adult practitioners to network across and within disciplines and health and human service areas to become acquainted with various models of service and health care;
- To support each other in a re-commitment to our personal health and to carrying forth health and human concerns by establishing health networks, support groups and other creative initiatives so that people of all faiths can contribute and benefit;
- To lift up and promote faith-inspired, best practices of excellence among practitioners;
- To share information around performance and service improvement trends in the health and human service fields;
- To stay abreast of current trends and access mutual consultation on practical, ethical responses to these trends;
- To develop a directory of consenting practitioners for expanded resource development - jobs, collaboration, peer consultation, mentoring;
- To make available to all participants a variety of health screenings at no cost;
- To provide an enjoyable family fun experience to culminate all of the wonderful conference acknowledgements, sharing and learning that offers fun for the whole family (including our littlest ones) as they celebrate together the joy and the importance of living healthy lives.