INTERFAITH HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICE CONFERENCE
Sisters United in Human Service, Inc. is proud to host the 21st Annual Interfaith Health and Human Service Conference. This year's theme, "Love Thy Health: A Social Justice Issue" is an in-depth exploration of current social justice issues and their impact on our health from various perspectives: access, advocacy and action. The ultimate focus and mission of this conference is to inform, inspire, lead the community to action and excellent health.
Who will facilitate these conversations? Our workshop presenters have been specifically chosen to share from their knowledge and expertise. They are highly regarded professionals representing various fields of study and religious backgrounds. Each presenter is focused on ensuring and helping each attendee understand the value and importance of an authentic assessment of where they are with their overall health, and will share viable solutions and successes toward achieving optimal health.
21ST ANNUAL INTERFAITH HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICE CONFERENCE
Desired Benefits & Learning Outcomes and Opportunities
- To involve adult and youth consumers in a conference learning environment, where they can make their unique contributions, and receive the contributions of participating practitioners and fellow consumers alike;
- To call, inspire and reinforce participants in the pursuit of excellence in their lives, in spite of the prevailing challenges in our health/human service industries;
- To contribute to participants in ways that support their mental, spiritual and physical well being and foster support of the same with their perspective family members, neighbors and friends.
- To provide opportunities for youth aspiring to the Health & Human Service fields, to meet adult practitioners and form ties with professionals in their field of interest;
- To provide opportunities for adult practitioners to network across and within disciplines and health and human service areas to become acquainted with various models of service and health care;
- To support each other in a re-commitment to our personal health and to carrying forth health and human concerns by establishing health networks, support groups and other creative initiatives so that people of all faiths can contribute and benefit;
- To lift up and promote faith-inspired, best practices of excellence among practitioners;
- To share information around performance and service improvement trends in the health and human service fields;
- To stay abreast of current trends and access mutual consultation on practical, ethical responses to these trends;
- To develop a directory of consenting practitioners for expanded resource development - jobs, collaboration, peer consultation, mentoring;
- To make available to all participants a variety of health screenings at no cost;
- To provide an enjoyable family fun experience to culminate all of the wonderful conference acknowledgements, sharing and learning that offers fun for the whole family (including our littlest ones) as they celebrate together the joy and the importance of living healthy lives.