INTERFAITH HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICE CONFERENCE
Sisters United in Human Service, Inc. is proud to host the 20th Annual Interfaith Health and Human Service Conference. This year's theme, "Health Care: What's Your 20? Shared Solutions. Shared Success." is a personal request of conference participants to identify and take account of their spiritual, physical, mental, nutritional, and financial health. Its ultimate focus and mission is to inspire the community to excellent health and human service practices. The event promotes wellness in the physical, mental, and spiritual well being of the individual in the community.
20TH ANNUAL INTERFAITH HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICE CONFERENCE
Desired Benefits & Learning Outcomes and Opportunities
- To involve adult and youth consumers in a conference learning environment, where they can make their unique contributions, and receive the contributions of participating practitioners and fellow consumers alike;
- To call, inspire and reinforce participants in the pursuit of excellence in their lives, in spite of the prevailing challenges in our health/human service industries;
- To contribute to participants in ways that support their mental, spiritual and physical well being and foster support of the same with their perspective family members, neighbors and friends.
- To provide opportunities for youth aspiring to the Health & Human Service fields, to meet adult practitioners and form ties with professionals in their field of interest;
- To provide opportunities for adult practitioners to network across and within disciplines and health and human service areas to become acquainted with various models of service and health care;
- To support each other in a re-commitment to our personal health and to carrying forth health and human concerns by establishing health networks, support groups and other creative initiatives so that people of all faiths can contribute and benefit;
- To lift up and promote faith-inspired, best practices of excellence among practitioners;
- To share information around performance and service improvement trends in the health and human service fields;
- To stay abreast of current trends and access mutual consultation on practical, ethical responses to these trends;
- To develop a directory of consenting practitioners for expanded resource development - jobs, collaboration, peer consultation, mentoring;
- To make available to all participants a variety of health screenings at no cost;
- To provide an enjoyable family fun experience to culminate all of the wonderful conference acknowledgements, sharing and learning that offers fun for the whole family (including our littlest ones) as they celebrate together the joy and the importance of living healthy lives.